Articles in Refereed Journals
Wan, W. (2014). Constructing and Developing ESL Students' Beliefs about Writing through Metaphor: A Longitudinal Exploratory Study. Journal of second language writing, 23, 53-73 (SSCI-indexed)
Wan, W., Low, G., & Miao, L. (2011). From Students’ and Teachers’ Perspectives: Metaphorical Conceptualisations of EFL Teachers’ Roles. System, 39 (3), 403-415 (SSCI-indexed)
Wan, W. (2011). An examination of the validity of metaphor analysis studies: Problems with metaphor elicitation techniques. Metaphor and the Social World, 1(2), 262-288.
Wan, W. (2015). Developing critical thinking in academic writing through a metaphor elicitation technique. In W. Wan & G. Low (Eds.), Elicited metaphor analysis in Educational Discourse (pp. 213–237). Amsterdam: John Benjamins.
W. Wan & G. Low (Eds.) (2015). Elicited metaphor analysis in Educational Discourse. Amsterdam: John Benjamins (ISBN 9789027202079)
· Employing metaphor to examine reflective learning of ESL writing, funded by National Social Science Foundation of China （国家社会科学基金青年项目）
· Metaphor and Reflective Writing, sponsored by the Scientific Research Foundation for the Returned Overseas Chinese Scholars, State Education Ministry, China（教育部留学归国人员科研启动项目）
· Exploring reflective academic writing process through elicited metaphor-oriented intervention, sponsored by the Social Science Research Foundation of FuJian Province, China（福建省社科规划一般项目）
· Constructing learners’ writing knowledge through multimodal metaphor（福建省高校杰出青年科研人才培育计划项目）
· Developing critical thinking in academic writing through elicited metaphor-oriented activities, supported by the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities, China（中央高校基本科研业务费专项）
· Developing theoretical framework of metaphor analysis in cognitive research on L2 writing, funded by Foundation for Distinguished Talents of Huaqiao University, China （华侨大学高层次人才科研启动项目）
· Metaphorical conceptualisations of ESL students' writing at postgraduate level, supported by the Specialised fund of high-level publications in humanities and social science disciplines, Huaqiao University （华侨大学高水平论文论著资助项目）
· Visualizing variation in metonymies (PI: Dr. Weiwei, Zhang), funded by Humanity and Social Science Youth foundation of Ministry of Education of China（教育部人文社科青年项目，第一参与人）
· Skilled migration and global English: Language, development and the African professional (PI: Dr. Paul Roberts), funded by WUN (World Universities Network). The project aims to find out the extent to which the English language is an influencing factor in Skilled Migrants motivations, movements and success（国际大学联盟资助项目，特聘研究员）
· Constructing the Development of Learners’ Writing Knowledge through Elicited Written and Pictorial Metaphor. Paper presented at The 11th Conference of the Association for Researching and Applying Metaphor, Freie Universität Berlin, 1-4 July, 2016（第11届国际隐喻研究与应用年会 德国）
· What Metaphors and Gestures Reveal about the Development of ESL students’ Concepts for Writing. Paper presented at The 13th International Cognitive Linguistics Conference. Newcastle, UK. July 20-25, 2015（第13届国际认知语言学会议 英国）
· Developing critical thinking in academic writing through elicited metaphor-oriented activities. Paper presented at The 7th International Conference on English Language Teaching, Nanjing University, 23-23 October, 2014 （第7届国际英语教学会议 南京）
· Using metaphor to develop critical thinking in academic writing. Paper presented at The 10th Conference of the Association for Researching and Applying Metaphor, University of Cagliari, Italy, 20-23 June, 2014 （第10届国际隐喻研究与应用年会 意大利）
· Improving ESL students’ writing by discussing personal writing metaphors. Paper presented at The 46th Annual Meeting of the British Association for Applied Linguistics, Edinburgh, UK, 4-7 September, 2013 （第46届英国应用语言学协会年会 英国）
· Using metaphor analysis to uncover the development of Chinese postgraduate students’ conceptualisations of academic English writing in one-year Master’s degree programme”. Paper presented at the 9th International Conference on Researching and Applying Metaphor, Lancaster University, UK, 4-7 July, 2012（第9届国际隐喻研究与应用年会 英国）
· Conceptualisations of EFL students’ academic writing. Paper presented at The 44th Annual Meeting of the British Association for Applied Linguistics, Bristol, UK, 3 September, 2011（第44届英国应用语言学协会年会 英国）
· Discussion of Personal Metaphors of Academic Writing. Paper presented at the Seminar organised by International Association for Researching and Applying Metaphor, Almagro, Spain, 4-7 May 2011（国际隐喻研究与应用协会专题研讨会 西班牙）
· Metaphorical Conceptualisations of Chinese EFL Students’ Writing. Paper presented at Leeds Research Students’ Annual Conference, University of Leeds, 24 November, 2010 （Leeds大学研究生学术交流年会 英国）
· Construct and Develop EFL Students’ Writing through Metaphors. Paper presented at The 8th International Conference on Researching and Applying Metaphor. VU University Amsterdam, Amsterdam, 30 June, 2010. （第8届国际隐喻研究与应用年会 荷兰）
· 2011.12 “Discussion of the impact of EFL teachers’ beliefs on classroom teaching practice” (online), invited by Huw Jarvis, the chief editor of TESOLacademic.org.
· 2011.12 “Discussion of teachers’ cognition on classroom management”, Guest lecture for staff training in Centre for English Language Teaching at the University of York.
· System: An International Journal of Educational Technology and Applied Linguistics
· Metaphor and the Social World (John Benjamins Publishing Co.)
· Classroom Discourse（Taylor & Francis）
· British Association for Applied Linguistics
· International Association of Applied Linguistics
· International Association for Researching and Applying Metaphor